Friday, February 27, 2009

Our week

Here's just a few snapshots of some of the things we've been up to this week:
Caleb started preschool! It's amazing how different your kids can be at how they attack their work. We expected this, but it's interesting to watch... Caleb uses his rubber a lot - he enjoys the detail of things. Sound familiar? We've been trying to think of how to help our little Caleb not feel the squeeze in the middle of siblings, he's been feeling it a bit lately- any ideas?
Sarah LOVES the pool- talks about it all the time, calls any body of water a "pool", draws it etc. But for some reason gets cranky about getting in with her instructor for lessons. I had a thought- to send her in with rubber duck- the subject of one of her favourite books. Well, we had success this week- she was itching to get in and happily participated for the whole lesson. Yay :)
Tim now has TWO missing front teeth. We've been waiting a while for this one to finally wiggle free.
Some family pics... Tim was trigger happy on the camera last night and asked to take a photo of Steve and I together.
And... Steve and the kiddos (they've all been rather smothering of Steve lately, being as he was away for 4 days recently for work).
Little miss SarahJoy down at the park this afternoon for our bike ride.
This week I sold something on ebay (after the 3rd relisting). We got rid of our original style timber school desk- it looks great, but not put to much use, so I thought I'd use the money and buy a corkboard for the schoolroom. I've also started reading 'Light from Lucas' - lessons in faith from a fragile life, which caught my eye in catalogues.
And finally, an entry on Tim and his sweet little surprises:
Friday evening is our specified "video" time slot, and Tim was at me to put the video on for them. I said I'd do it once I'd brought in the washing. So, eager beaver rushed out to take it off for me. I had to smile- amazing how he'll do anything to help get the video time fastforwarded. But then I found him inside with the basket of clothes- busily folding them in addition! What a smoothie :) Speaking of which- last night he also helped carry in the groceries from the car, and he occasionally brings Steve or I a drink of cold water when we're working outside. Lovely to see these things done spontaneously.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hi Angela,

Those pictures are taking a while to load up here so I can't see them as yet, but it's nice to hear about your week. Sounds like Tim is growing into a lovely young lad!