
Well, it's a tad late, but I got my Jesse tree finished and ready to use. If you're not familiar with the idea- the tradition of the Jesse Tree is a "tree" of some description, decorated with various symbols that remind us of the purpose and promises of God from creation to the birth of Jesus Christ. The reason for the term "Jesse" being the reference to Jesus in Isaiah 11:1-4:A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse....
I used a bought 3D Christmas tree made from MDF, painted the edges and then covered in scrapbook paper. Decorate with as little or as much bling as you like- I used ribbon, gold leaf rub 'n' buff on the edges, and some self adhesive pearls. For kidproofness, I laminated my symbols, and attached with velcro dots. There's a symbol for each day of December, with the final addition being the star on Christmas day, which I made of a flourished timber star covered in good 'ol glitter.

And to top it off- even decorated the folder I housed the Jesse Tree devotional readings in. 


No comments:
Post a Comment