
Anyone recognise what this is? Steve and a I took a brief look through Eumundi on our way home from our getaway, and browsed in their 'museum'. Inspired by the simpleness of it, Steve came home and got busy on the laithe making this oregon pine potato masher to say thanks to Jenny for babysitting...

1 comment:
Ever heard of the expression It's too nice to use?
I once made my mother-in-law a peg bag (apron type) for a gift, and when she opened it she said those words, and I wondered what she actually meant! So I watched out over the years to see if she had put it away forever! However, many years later, I saw it again. It was well worn and faded, so I felt my efforts weren't in vain after all!
Well, potato masher, I guess I'll relent and use you sooner or later, even though it seems to me that you are too nice to use.
I'll let you know how it goes, Ang & Steve, but just quietly, I wouldn't like to be a potato under the force of this! and would less like to be a pumpkin!
Thank you for the thank you present, and I will treasure it. By the way, the Oregon Pine trinket bowl for Dave is already in use. A work of art and great for the safe keeping of keys! Thanks, both of you.
Post a Comment