The boys have been fascinated by putting cups of water in the freezer and coming back later to find.... you guessed it: ice! Caleb suggested we could make some for dessert! Anyway, I thought I'd cash in on the interest in all things water and we found this simple
kid's science experiment to do, the "3 layer float". The 3 layers being honey, water and oil, into which we dropped a coin, foam craft shape (substitute for the cork) and a cashew (instead of a grape). Then we started dropping all sorts of things in to see where they would land- lentils, paper, frozen peas! But I'll leave you pondering, as my youngest sister would say, as to the results, and let you try it out yourself to see what happens :)


Now on another note, i.e musical note:
Tim was practising "Oh When the Saints" on the piano - left hand playing cords, right hand melody, and then of his own inititative swapped to play right hand cords, left hand melody! I was surprised that he thought of this himself. I remembered learning the two variations myself and so pulled out my old lesson books for Tim to see. Clever boy!

Here's what the younger two were up to while I sat with Tim for piano. That's the baby bath- used as a boat, and they were singing "Row, row, row your boat" together with the actions. Very cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment