Saturday, September 13, 2008

All in the family...

Well it seems that the arty gene may be in all our blood at present.... I keep finding myself asking that the dining table get cleared of felt pens and paper galore before every meal! Here are my 3 budding artists at work all in a row one morning while I was getting breakfast ready:

And here is Caleb - studiously concentrating on colouring in so carefully.It was so cute watching his little lizard tongue, even while videoing him- he just kept his head down and worked on! His current past time is to ask me to draw one of his matchbox cars for him to colour in, and he's making a bit of a collection now. He even asked "when is it school time?" on Sunday- because he was keen for his next car colouring session (which he typically does while Tim is busy with schoolwork). Maybe it was our watching this DVD that has got them all inspired, or maybe me buying some metallic felt pens for them- great for that silver detailing on cars :) It caught on to Steve too and here is his masterpiece (he doesn't realise I took a photo of it, tee hee). He couldn't resist trying out the new pens too! And the boys and I finally finished our rendition of Oistein's "traffic" picture demonstrated on the DVD.

No comments: