
Today was part II of our Doulos trip. In part I (last week) we joined some other homeschoolers for their missions presentation.
I didn't realise that ALL Doulos crew and staff are volunteers! No-one – including the captain – is paid a salary.
Speaking of volunteers, one of Steve's staff members was a volunteer guide there (on her holidays) and organised for us to join the crew for lunch on board. A simple meal, but good to hear another volunteer tell of her opportunities to share the gospel- in her obviously characteristicly bold and upfront style :)
At the bookshop, Tim spied a paper/cardboard model kit to make your own Doulos (I'll keep you posted with a photo of the finished product :). It will be a good visual reminder for us to pray for the Doulos ministry...
Part II was a tour of the boat.
As you can see- the engine room was noisy!


No comments:
Post a Comment