Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Girls
I've been waiting for this book to come out- now I have it and have started reading it in short snippets before I go to bed. It's just great. Teaching them how to be a lady to be respected, learning manners etc. But it also has a lot to say particularly about the father's influence on daughters. I guess the mother-daughter thing comes somewhat more naturally, but Dobson shows just how highly significant the father-daughter relationship is, along with a chapter of some lovely practical ideas. He reckons that girls appreciating flowers is just in their DNA!! Must say- Sarah was quite pleased with her little pink bunch from Steve as his consolation to her for just taking the boys with him up to Maryborough recently :) Anyway, enough said- you will just have to wait 'n' read it for yourself :) Besides, I'm only half way through... And then I'd like to dig out it's companion- "Bringing up Boys" off my shelf for a re-read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
must admit i haven't seen this one - though i guess it is logical if there is one for boys there must be one for girls too:)
I always like to reread to get fresh inspiration. Maybe you could post some more ideas/tips from the book when you are finished:) (save me reading the whole book.... )
Please excuse my cheekiness!
Might go through that chapter with practical ideas and post those when I get to it... you cheeky lil sis! :)
Post a Comment