Tuesday, June 14, 2011

craftyness

Feel like some baked beans on toast anyone?! Some friends told us about Mister Maker on TV and the kids got enthused. Even found his book at the library, so Caleb has had a go making some of his fake food below. Sarah has some pink icecream balls to finish yet, and Caleb is currently working on a pizza complete with pizza box, so will have to take a photo of the finished products. Initially, Caleb's plan was to serve it up for Dad for tea one night :)
The 'toast' is made from a kitchen sponge, cut to shape and painted. The beans are scrunched orange tissue paper covered in a mix of paint and PVA ("gloopy glue" as Mr maker calls it!)
And my latest creation- not fake, though! I wanted to make Sarah and Bethany matching cardigans. I have now finished Bethany's, and feeling like I bit off more than I can chew, but better make the larger version, as I have already told Sarah my plan....

1 comment:

Chiara Z said...

It may be that I forgot to stop at Coles on my way home today, but that bread looks good enough to eat:)