Some memories from these first days here;
- the boys found a dart in the garden and have delighted in just simply aiming it at the big Poinsiana tree. It kept them entertained for about an hour and a half I think- just taking turns firing it.
- it feels very quiet here, only the somewhat distant low hum of traffic on the highway if you pay attention
- a greater variety of birds around. Rosellas come to the custard apple trees, if they're not first chased away by one of the boys. Have also seen galahs, magpies (which eat from Rocky's food dish even as he sits nearby).
- games of hide 'n' seek - lots of bushes, shrubs to hide in
- finding beetles galore covering some plants
- oodles of storage cupboards, to the point I haven't got anything to put in some places!
- our main bedroom feels like a little hideaway all of its own. Feel spoilt as we've not had an ensuite before.
- almost nightly ritual of cane toad hunting! Usually seems to happen at dark (after the kid's bath time and all nice and clean with pjamas already on). The boys grab a torch and ask to go looking for cane toads. They count how many they've found and just look at them, not much else!
- Enjoying our spa bath! The kids love it too- Sarah asked to use the "spare bath" again after her first time, then I realised she meant "spa bath" :)
- I think of all the fix-it, pruning and prettying up jobs waiting to be done and try to remember (and listen to Steve's reminders) that it doesn't have to all be done straight away. I tend to try and go at it gung ho then get frustrated about the unfinished jobs. I just look forward to adding those finishing decorative touches at the end.... Hmmm
- Very appreciative of the spaciousness we have and feel quite blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment