The kid's school has a yearly festival where the kids enter various competitions. We've been before, but this year I was pleased that they branched out a little more from just doing art/craft. Tim gave his first piano item for an audience and got 2nd place! He wasn't too happy that I'd put his name down for it, but he warmed up to the idea and in the end was comfortable enough. Sarah requested that she do a "stand up one" as she called it- so her item was saying a nursery rhyme. I pretty much expected both Sarah and Tim to opt out at the last minute, I think I was nervous for them, but was pleasantly surprised that they actually did it. And Sarah got first place, so she was proud as punch :) The
silver plate came out for dinner that day- Sarah and Tim using it for one course each!

Sarah's choc chip biscuits

Tim's Mother and baby tapir

Sarah's collage

Sarah's finger painting of animals coming off the ark

Caleb's "golden castle"

Caleb's "Battlestar" made from wooden pegs, which won first place.
There were just so many other kid's talented art and craft creations there to see- it got the kids all inspired full of ideas for next year...
2 comments:
Congratulations to all of you--great to see the kids participating and getting rewards for their good effort. I reckon you should have the silver plate for dinner to honour all your support and guidance for them!
I'm agreeing with the above comment! Well done Angela. If I were there I'd cook dinner for you myself (and wash up!) Love you. You're doing a great job with those creative muffins of yours!
Post a Comment