Saturday, January 30, 2010

Expanding & Shrinking

We've been watching our baby crocodile as it grows down in the laundry bath! Here it is the first day...
Two days later:

And another 3 days later:
It's kind of too big for the bath now, so will see what we can do, or it may take over the full size bath. Great for practice measuring length, weight, volume. It would also make a fun time lapse video if we'd set it up ahead.

And then we had a go at "Shrink Art", which I also enjoyed as a child. Here's the eager beavers watching the action at the oven.

2 comments:

Chiara Z said...

You know, for a second there I thought you really did have a baby croc! This one looks a lot safer, but fun . . . what happens when it outgrows the big bath?

Ang Pang said...

No- I wouldn't be game to even have a baby one! Our experiment may have to end with the largest container available I'm afraid, but it has slowed down it's growth rate anyway.