I've done a bit of knitting -a cuddly poncho for a little girls 1st birthday, and this bolero for Sarah. Sure speeds up the time it takes to make a project when you use chunky wool :)
The boys got some dam building lessons with Dad after lots or recent rain in a nearby creek. Then we returned after a few days to see what had transpired and to upgrade it.
We had some insulation put in in good time for winter, courtesy of the government grant
Yay- I got allocated a place at the birth centre (if I get there in time) for #4!
Some photos of the goings on at a recent monthly homeschool 'activity day' gathering. The boys particularly enjoy the sports component, and I'm told (I missed the action) they both run laps without a pause. Sarah enjoys hovering near the music session and comes home saying "ta, ti-ti" or "so, me" and singing "London Bridge".
The Doulos model (below) we bought and started putting together ages ago is now complete! It is certainly not a primary age project I'm afraid- quite intricate even for parents.
I had my memory jogged about my past life antamomy lectures when I found out that the pain that sprung up in my right shoulder was acute bursitis. Not too fun being unable to use your dominant hand/arm for several days. God sure knew what He was doing giving us TWO hands! It's amazing how clumsy your nondominant hand is, as well as how many tasks are done using BOTH hands together. Sorry- that was probably an O.T inspired thought... But Steve was a great help around the house, and thankyou too Jenny for the day of babysitting and cooked meal and my neighbour who took clothes off the line :)
I got a whole book read in one day owing to the above!! Entitled "Parenting in the Pew". Just need to chew it over a bit and think about how I can make some practical gleanings from the ideas.

Sarah drew her first recognisable picture this week. She brought the finished picture to me, and named all the face parts. When I asked about the little sprouts at the top of the head she said they were "hair, maybe". Two of her favourite addends to sentences at the moment are "maybe" and "member" (remember).

No comments:
Post a Comment