Thursday, August 19, 2010

more Lego stuff

A couple more projects for the big party coming up....
I got the idea for these Lego men faces here. Mine didn't turn out quite so lovely, but hopefully will taste ok anyway. Mine are made by using melted chocolate to stick a mini marshmallow onto a normal size marshmallow, poking a small bamboo skewer into the centre and dipping into white chocolate (coloured yellow). I had trouble doing the dipping procedure so that they would coat nicely and then run off, so pretty much ended up hand painting them- a slow procedure. Any candy makers out there that know where I went wrong?! Then just added a face with an edible marker- except mine didn't cooperate too well :(
This keyring made up for it- easy-peasy (lemon squeezy!) Just drill a hole through a Lego block- from the back, through one of the connector/round sections. Then thread some ball/bead chain through and join ends with a connector bit. You can get the chain from bead/jewellery making supply places, or, as I discovered- from a trophy shop as it's used on I.D or dog tags.

No comments: